Thursday, April 19, 2012

Blog #3

Blogging is about writing to an audience. Do you feel like anyone is reading your blogs (aside from me!)? For this week I would like you to read at least FOUR other blog entries by fellow classmates and comment on them. Then, I would like you to write in your own blog a few insights about what you read: For example, did it feel good to read what other preservice teachers were writing? Was this medium helpful? How did you feel about posting the comments? Do you feel like this exchange gives you any insights into running blog exercises  with your own students?


So far, only being four weeks into the quarter, I feel that no one else is reading my blog other than the professor. I think that if I made my blog public and told my friends and family about it, that they would definitely read it. I just feel that since it is only for school purposes at this time, that no one else is reading it. After I read some of the comments left on my page though, it was nice to know that others read my work and gave thoughtful insights. Not saying that I feel like a famous author, as the picture represents, but it is nice to know.


Stephen King, Famous Horror author





After reading and commenting on others blogs, it did feel good to see what others were writing. I like hearing other people's viewpoints, and I think the blog is a cool way to do that. I don't want to criticize this prompt, because I understand the reason for it, but I think reading other's blogs would be much more interesting and fun when the topic is something that really interests me. This medium was very helpful, if you mean using a blog to do so. I think the blog is an effective way to share ideas and learn about other's ideas. I felt that my comments would be beneficial to the author, because maybe now they will have more motivation or excitement when writing their next blog, knowing that others are reading them. I definitely feel like this exchange has given me insights into running blog exercises with my own students. One blog I read mentioned that in high school he had to use blogs as a discussion or journal for english class. I think it would be very helpful to use a blog for these classes, although I am a fan of a traditional pen and paper journal. It would give students the opportunity to get excited to post though, since you can customize your page and you have your own blog.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad I am not the only one feeling like blogging isn't easy. I completely agree with you, I also don't think people would read these blogs without being forced to.

    ReplyDelete